Expand/Collapse
/  Forum Index
   /  Fire Support
/  AA3 Soldier Names
Print Topic 
View:  Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next )

82nd_DXO_COL=Shad Re: AA3 Soldier Names

Colonel (COL)

You cannot change soldier names that show up in the server list. So, if you change clans, ranks, what not, there is no support for changing names. Therefore, you are an inDUHvidual according to the Army. We can only hope they will change their minds and allow name changes plus >15 characters.

My suggestion is thus:
If you feel you'll be with 82nd for awhile, create a soldier name like 82nd_Shad
Create another soldier name you'd like to work on as an individual outside of a clan. I recommend a short name; they might decide to add clan support or prefixes.
»6/21/2009 21:45 Profile Visit Website

Account Deleted Re: AA3 Soldier Names

Originally posted by: 82nd_2BC_LTC=GM
Quote:
So does anyone know when or if a patch is going to be released any time soon to fix some of the bugs?

more to come within a couple months easily. one of the official released statements said that they were going to do MUCH more frequent releases instead of the 6 month ones like back in the 2x series.
»6/20/2009 13:01 Profile Visit Website

Originally posted by: 82nd_IR15_CPT=Chris
Originally posted by: 82nd_S3_CPT=Alaska
So the name tags is 82nd=Alaska?
»6/20/2009 12:51 Profile Visit Website

have you guys not read the official releases that they put out though while 3 was in development? They gave a roadmap for the next few years of what they're putting in the game. You all sound so depressed and like the game is going to end because one developing team got fired and yet there's a whole team still on the game!
»6/20/2009 12:24 Profile Visit Website

Quote:
.just wait till you see it released, I've seen it, you can't even imagine..." and then comes this epic mega fail with the launch problems and auth servers

You honestly have no idea what the game was like before this release and actually how few problems there were compared to what they hit on release. Sometimes when things are released online, there are major problems day of release due to various different reasons. Game CD releases are 100% different than online releases.
»6/20/2009 12:22 Profile Visit Website

Colonel (COL)

Quote:

82nd_D1P_2LT=Chris wrote:

So does anyone know when or if a patch is going to be released any time soon to fix some of the bugs?

yeah - yesterday, friday evening
»6/20/2009 12:05 Profile Visit Website

Visitor Re: AA3 Soldier Names

Originally posted by: 82nd_COD_CPT=Chris
I agree.

Yeah it sucks for em but you know that's life. So great, he got laid off, Hate it for him. Find another job.

Sucks though that they got fired. The game needs a lot more work. But like Rysher said, What can you expect when you don't live up to what you tell people. Of course they are gonna be pissed.

I think the whole release was a failure. It sucks for beta testers like me though. People look at us as like we didn't help enough. We can only report problems and hope someone fixes them.
We have nothing to do with the programing at all.
Basically we have the unique opportunity to get a free copy of a game before its released. If we find a problem, we report it and keep playing.
Thats about it.

»6/20/2009 11:01

Colonel (COL)

Quote:

82nd_D1P_2LT=Chris wrote:
I found this online from one of the DEV's...

Interesting to see what goes on behind closed doors. Or was this dude just whining?

Sounds like whining to me. I read somewhere else that their contract was up on the 17th and it wasn't renewed for whatever reason - army budget cuts, consolidation, whatever. (maybe it's not a priority in the Obama administration, ya think?) So sounds like to me they knew it was coming. They were given a contract to do a job, get it done on time and so yes, there was pressure, but I think the guy was whining a bit. If you ask me, I think it was a mistake to ever have programmers based in silicoln valley - high cost of living, high cost of programmers. They were lucky to have a cool job when everyone else around them was shutting doors and leaving town.
»6/19/2009 21:57 Profile Visit Website

Visitor Re: AA3 Soldier Names

Originally posted by: 82nd_XOB_1LT=Rysher
I'll call it a whine.period.
If you pump your product so intensively through facebook and other means of advertising, and basically publish every whisper about "oh this game is going to be so awesome...just wait till you see it released, I've seen it, you can't even imagine..." and then comes this epic mega fail with the launch problems and auth servers and everything...if you can't live up to your promises you should know that people will slander you for causing this huge disappointment.
»6/19/2009 19:26

Colonel (COL)

Just a note: AA2.8 account name management is still available at login.americasarmy.com (the main site itself has changed)

AA3 accounts can be managed from http://login.aa3.americasarmy.com/

I was able to register a 2nd account in addition to my pre-registered aa2 name, but can only login with the newly created account. pre-registered accounts still cannot log in.

I also noticed that "Total Registered Players" shows up in your stats - I am assuming you can have multiple registered user names with the same email address.
»6/19/2009 19:08 Profile Visit Website

View:  Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next )

Users Online: 1 Users are browsing this forum
In total there are 2 users online. [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
2 Anonymous Users
0 Registered Users:
Print Topic 
You cannot post.
You cannot reply.
You cannot edit.
You cannot delete.
You cannot add polls.