Expand/Collapse
/  Forum Index
   /  Fire Support
/  AA2 server information page
Print Topic 
View:  Goto page ( Previous 1 | 2 )

82nd_DXO_COL=Shad Re: AA2 server information page

Colonel (COL)

There is no link between the forums and the Game Servers site. I think I was going to add posting to the JAG forums when bans happen, but haven't gotten around to that yet.
I could add a button somewhere that lists all people with watchlist comments though, if that is what you mean

--
My Computer
»7/15/2013 10:31 Profile Visit Website

Account Deleted Re: AA2 server information page

Originally posted by: 82nd_XOG_1LT=Soup-Bone
Ok heres my question as i use this tool all the time,,, prob 10x a day just checking stuff out. Just want to know if i add someone to the watch list through the aa game servers !!! does that add them to the watch list in the forums ? I have added someone to the watch list and cant seem to find them now because i forgot his name. Is there a way to add a link or something on aa game server so lets say for example renegade adds someone to the watch list. I can click on the link and i would be able to see the name and comments as to why we should keep an eye on them. I mean we couild see the whole list all names / comments that has been added to the watch list. Hope you understand what im saying,,, if not i will catch you on ts and tell ya.
I think that would be a good idea.
»7/14/2013 23:51 Profile Visit Website

Colonel (COL)

7/14/13
Added 'Search' button (but enter will still do)
Added playername lookup to search - no longer requires exact name

--
My Computer
»7/14/2013 19:54 Profile Visit Website

Colonel (COL)

Added tracking of OS to information. PB screenshots can tell what OS the user is using, which might be useful to us in the future. Maybe to track what comps users are using, or perhaps if somebody excuses blank screenshots "Well, I'm using Linux" (As far as I know Linux takes screenshots fine) and we can tell. Values are "W"=Windows, "L"=Linux, "M"=Mac.

--
My Computer
»5/23/2013 20:13 Profile Visit Website

Originally posted by: 82nd_3BX_MAJ=Renegade
I like it like it is, don't change a thing. ;-)
»5/21/2013 21:59 Profile Visit Website

Colonel (COL)

Thanks Axe! Just let me know what you would like to see done with it to make it easier for admins to do their jobs.

--
My Computer
»5/21/2013 21:53 Profile Visit Website

Originally posted by: 82nd_IR33_1LT=Shaun
That page is outstanding Shad, don't think i have ever seen more functionality on a page before.

Some may complain that you need to leave the game to use it but small price to pay for the options you have added, i also like the options to add info fro bans and such makes it much simpler to see what is going on and with who.
»5/21/2013 9:33 Profile Visit Website

Colonel (COL)

Update: Fixed ban deletions (again). You cannot sync two server banlist and have ban removals/additions both work from the game and still sync correctly. Every ban added was being removed a few mins later in an effort to sync server banlists. Ban additions should still work from F12 and webpage, and Ban removal functionality was added to ban web page (but not fully tested yet).

--
My Computer
»5/18/2013 9:23 Profile Visit Website

Colonel (COL)

Update: Ban links were not working on the info pages - working now.
Ban page now includes editable ip, mac which contain by default the last connected info. (in case there are ip/mac spoofers and you somehow get the real address)

--
My Computer
»5/7/2013 15:37 Profile Visit Website

82nd_DXO_COL=Shad AA2 server information page

Colonel (COL)

I have put up information page for each server (AA Game Servers) that is accessable by the PUBLIC, or by members who are logged in. More things can be done with it by members who are logged in and are server admins.
Currently we track battletracker id, mac, ip and name history, and admins can find such info by playing around with it. Also are screenshots, which will store longer than the pbsvss.htm msgpbssv.html links, and have an examination feature on them. Punkbuster kick history is stored. You can see whether a person has punkbuster problems, needs to be watched, or has had a PB hacker kick. There is also a watchlist database for players. Enter any suspicious activity information, comments, and it'll show up to be read.

There are a few things to improve on, as I am not quite finished with it yet. Right now it shows basic database info, but I can probably tweek it to show more condensed things. I haven't tried the ban feature, but I'm sure if it works it only bans and doesn't kick at the moment. I plan on integrating that feature with the forums. Also I know the reset server button doesn't work yet. I have that on my TODO list.

What I am looking for, is suggestions to make it a more useful tool to you and make it easier for you to admin the server. Let me know what works, doesn't work for you, how to make it better.

--
My Computer
»5/6/2013 0:53 Profile Visit Website

View:  Goto page ( Previous 1 | 2 )

Users Online: 1 Users are browsing this forum
In total there are 1 users online. [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
1 Anonymous Users
0 Registered Users:
Print Topic 
You cannot post.
You cannot reply.
You cannot edit.